Plan your planting
- Rotate blackleg resistance genes.
- Do not plant de-registered varieties.
- Only use acceptable pesticides and always Follow the label.
- Apply pre-harvest glyphosate only when seed moisture is Less than 30%.
Get out and scout
- Scout your fields for signs of blackleg before seeding (on old residue), at the 3-6 leaf stage and at swathing.
Practice safe storage
- Never use malathion to treat canola seed for storage.
- Make sure your storage bins are CLEAN and free of Cross contaminants.
Ready, set, delver!
- Incorrect information on the Declaration of Eligibility puts market access at Risk for all.
- Residues can be detected down to Parts per billion and even Parts per trillion.
For more information, visit: keepingitclean.ca/canola